The West Street Market will open this weekend in downtown Reno . The West Street Market is part of the Making It Great vision for Reno ‘s downtown area.
Three 1930 era brick buildings have been renovated and will eventually be home to 13 new businesses. The Grand Opening for the West Street Market is officially scheduled for Saturday (December 6, 2008) although some businesses have already opened their doors and others will open on Wednesday.
The West Street Market will include a stage area that will be referred to as the “road show area”. For now, the area will be used to feature the new businesses and exhibits. The City of Reno also plans to book performances for the location in the future.
The West Street Market will also be emphasizing green living with bins for recycling glass, aluminum and cardboard. Sustainable living will be encouraged as the ”road show area” will also feature seasonally grown fresh produce. The city is hoping that the road show area will become a farmers market with fresh fruit and produce grown by local farmers sold year round.
The City of Reno is confident that the popularity and success of the West Street Market will equal that of the River Walk and the Wine Walk projects which have been well received by locals and visitors alike.
Be sure to stop in on Saturday and check out the new West Street Market.
West Street Market businesses:
- Brickhouse Bakery: (now open) Fare includes pastries and deserts, with over 20 varieties of cheesecake, New Orleans style beignet dusted in powdered sugar, and sandwiches. Specialty foods include vegan pastries and sandwiches. Espresso drinks are also part of the menu.
- Great Basin Basket: (now open) Fare includes locally grown whole and organic foods. The menu features both standard items and special order items.
- Earthly Delights: (opens Wednesday) Fare offers fresh salads and freshly prepared quick foods
- Reno Envy: (opens Wednesday) Clothing store which offers a locally produced brand of clothing.
- Se7en Tea House and Bar: (opens Saturday) offers Asian teas, teas from around the world, pastries, appetizers and a full bar.
- Nevada EcoNet: (opens Saturday) A nonprofit business offering environmental information for Northern Nevada .
- Spirit of the Woods: (opens Saturday) a kiosk business featuring hand-painted wood and metal crafts.
- West Street Wine Bar: (opens Wednesday) Wine tasting bar and store offering regional as well as international wines.